Gregynog, Main Hall
U. Berger, M.Seisenberger
Dept. of Computer Science
College of Science
Swansea SA28PP, UK
f: (+44) (0)1792 295708
Continuity, Computability, Constructivity – From Logic to Algorithms (CCC 2013)
Swansea University/Gregynog, 26-30, June 2013
CCC is a workshop series bringing together researchers from real
analysis, computability theory, and constructive mathematics. The overall aim
is to apply logical methods in these disciplines to provide a sound
foundation for obtaining exact and provably correct algorithms for
computations with real numbers and related analytical data, which are of
increasing importance in safety critical applications and scientific
Previous workshops have been held in Cologne CCC 2009 and Trier CCC 2012. One outcome of the 2009 workshop series is the creation of the EU funded research project COMPUTAL (Computable analysis - theoretical and applied aspects) which is a research network between Europe, Russia, South-Africa,and Japan. This workshop will at the same time be the second COMPUTAL workshop, but is open to all researchers in the area.
The workshop specifically invites contributions in the areas of exact
real number computation, effective topology, Scott's domain theory, Weihrauch's type two theory of effectivity, category-theoretic approaches to computation on infinite data, hierarchies of unsolvability, and related areas.
- Invited Speakers:
- Hajime Ishihara, JAIST Japan
- Margarita Korovina, Novosibirsk
- Jean-Michel Muller, Lyon
- Matthias Schroeder, Wien
- Tutorial Speakers:
- Pieter Collins, Maastricht: Computability and Dynamical Systems
- Norbert Mueller, Trier: Fast implementation of exact real number computation
- Arno Pauly, Cambridge: Weihrauch degrees of unsolvability
- Important Dates:
- Abstract Submission: 20th May. Now closed. We plan to publish proceedings of the workshop in a journal. See below for details. The papers will be refereed according to normal publication standards.
- Workshop: Wednesday, June 26, late afternoon,16:30 Coffee. 17:30: First talk. - Sunday, 30 June 2013, afternoon. We are aware with the overlap of several other conferences, so partial attendance at our workshop was welcome.
- Abstract submission Deadline: 31.1 2014
- Submission Deadline: 28.2.2014.
- Submission: Please submit via Easy Chair - MSCS journal submission.
- Editors: Hajime Ishihara (JAIST, Japan), Margarita Korovina (Novosibirsk, Russia), Arno Pauly (Cambridge, UK), Monika Seisenberger (Swansea, UK), Dieter Spreen (Siegen, Germany, and Pretoria, South Africa).
- Topics: Submissions are welcome from all scientists working in fields like: Computable analysis, Complexity of real number computation, Computing with continuous data, Domain theory and analysis,Randomness and computable measure theory,Models of computation with real numbers, Realizability theory and analysis, Reverse analysis, Exact real number computation, Program extraction in analysis.
talks are 45 mins, invited talks 50mins incl discussion, contributed
talks are 30 mins including discussion.
- The workshop was held at Gregynog in Midwales.
is a conference centre owned by the University of Wales. It's an attractive
mansion located in a beautiful landscape in the middle of Wales. There are nice
lecture halls and several discussion rooms (see video on the web page) and there is wireless internet.
- To register your interest
in the conference please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration has
- There was a limited number of LMS student grants available for PhD students from
UK. Application is now closed.
- Andrej Bauer, Ljubljana
- Ulrich Berger, Swansea
- Peter Hertling, Munich
- Arno Pauly, Cambridge
- Petrus Potgieter, Pretoria
- Monika Seisenberger, Swansea
- Victor Selivanov, Novosibirsk
- Dieter Spreen, Siegen
- Hideki Tsuiki, Kyoto
Ulrich Berger, Jens Blanck, Tie Hou, Monika Seisenberger, Swansea
- London Mathematical Society
- College of Science, Swansea University
- European Commission
- British Logic Colloquium