Dan Craggs, BSc (1st Hons)
MPhil Researcher, FIT Lab
- Visualisations for projected augmented reality
- Information needs in projected contexts
- Ubiquitous AR content systems
- Personal navigation enhancement
- M.L. Wilson, M. Jones, S. Robinson, D. Craggs, K. Brimble,
Pico-ing into the Future of Mobile Projector Phones
In extended WIP abstracts of the 28th international Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (Atlanta, GA, USA, April 10 - 15, 2010). CHI '10. ACM, New York, NY
- M L. Wilson, D. Craggs, S. Robinson, M. Jones, K. Brimble,
Pico-ing into the Future of Mobile Projection and Contexts
In ACM/Springer Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, PUC Special Issue.
- D. Craggs,
Efficacy and Efficiency of RFID-based Order Processing and Management Systems.
(First-class BSc dissertation)
- D. Craggs,
DRM: Paracopyright in the New Digital Age - Cause, Effect and Solution.
- D. Craggs,
Anatomy of a Disaster: A Safety Analysis of the 1986 Chernobyl Nuclear Accident.
I try to play an active role in both departmental and laboratorial affairs, with me being a student ambassador for the last two years, year representative for the third year, and part of the Gregynog colloquium organisation committee. I'm also currently part of the FIT lab's Reading Group:
- 10th November: DynaSpot: speed-dependent area cursor.
Chapuis, O., Labrune, J., and Pietriga, E. 2009. In Proceedings of the 27th international Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (Boston, MA, USA, April 04 - 09, 2009). CHI '09. ACM, New York, NY, 1391-1400.
- 4th May: Multi-Touch Authentication on Tabletops.
D. Kim, et al. 2010. In Proceedings of the 28th international Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (Atlanta, GA, USA, April 10 - 15, 2010). CHI '10. ACM, New York, NY, 1093-1102.
- 15th March: How Design And Complacency Left Sony's PS3 Wide Open
Based on 'PS3 Epic Fail' by fail0verflow, 2010. In 27th Chaos Communication Congress (Berlin, Germany, December 27 - 30, 2010). 27C3.
- More talks to come...
- Photography and CGI (deviantART)
- Acoustic, classical and bass guitar.
- I speak French at advanced level, and am part of Facebook's Icelandic public translation team.
- Active contributor to the English Wikipedia, the vector graphics and image compression communities, and the Template namespace.
- md5.php - MD5 hex string checksum calculator
- E-mail: csdanc(at)swansea(dot)ac(dot)uk or dan(at)gfsoft(dot)co(dot)uk
- Telephone: Internal extension: 4026
- Address: Future Interaction Technology Lab, Computer Science Department, Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP.