Instructions for setting up Linux Lab machines at Swansea University for use with Spark Ada
- The following should not be used if you have made your own file associations before and want to
keep them, since all of them will be deleted.
- Deleate using the file manager from your directory Downloads any occurrence
of the file
- Download the Setup script for Spark Ada
- Move this file from the directory Downloads to your home directory.
- Open the file browser (called Dolphin), right click on the downloaded file. Then go to
Properties -> Permissions -> and click "is executable".
- Close the permission dialogue.
- Click on the setup script.
- Close any existing Dolphin file browsers. When you reopen them everything should be setup
- You have to do the above only once The setup should stay as it is,
even when you logout and login again, or use a different machine.
- For testing you can try out the
instructions for trying out
- Examples from the lectures can be found here
- Now you can follow Basic usage instructions for Spark Ada
- If there are problems with your installation (gps not showing up;
if there are problems with why3 tell me, this is not urgent since we
will need it only later), the best is to
- Delete the file ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
- Rename the file which was kept as a backup
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list.old back to
- and follow the instructions in.
Manually setting up SPARK Ada for usage from