Basic Instructions about Using Linux
- It is very common to use a terminal in Linux and then commands from the
- A good introduction to Linux
- Unix/Linux Command references To get started just look at the section file commands
- The probably most powerful editor on this planet is Emacs (available under most operating systems). I highly recommend using it.
- A beginners guide can be found here
- You can as well when opening Emacs type in Control-h t (t without control)
and then a tutorial starts, which I highly recoimmended to work through once
(takes about 20 min).