Information about Emacs/XEmacs
- Start xemacs by typing "xemacs &" (without the quotation marks) in a command shell.
XEmacs will come up.
- If xemacs is not installed, try emacs with command "emacs &".
(XEmacs is Emacs with some small improvements).
- Type in C-h t (C-h means: press control key and letter h).
A tutorial on Emacs/XEmacs starts.
- There is an excellent help system on XEmacs/Emacs, accessible via
- Under windows you have to install it. The installation is fairly straightforward.
(If you want to install Cygwin, a
unix emulation under windows (very handy for running a lot of
unix software under windows), it's recommended to download the cygwin version.
Otherwise you should install the ordinary version.
(The cygwin distribution contains already an emacs version).
collected by A. Setzer on Emacs/XEmacs
Last modified: Thu Jan 22 00:57:46 GMT 2004