PhD Researcher, FIT Lab
I am currently a PhD researcher in the Future Interaction Technology research group under the supervision of Prof. Matt Jones. My university funded PhD scholarship commenced in October 2011, working on the digital regeneration of The Hafod Copperworks.
The main focus of my research is to develop technology that will attract people to the redeveloping site, providing an engaging and immersive experience while they are there. This will be achieved through a mixture of experimental augmented reality and performative technologies.
- Human Computer Interaction
- Mobile Interaction Design
- Augmented Reality
- Performative Technologies
- L. Betsworth, N. Rajput, S. Srivastava, M. Jones
Audvert: Using Spatial Audio to Gain a Sense of Place.
In Proceedings of INTERACT 2013, Cape Town, September 2013
- L. Betsworth, H. Bowen, S. Robinson, M. Jones
Performative Technologies for Heritage Site Regeneration.
To appear in PUC Special Issue on Understanding Performative Interactions in Public Settings, 2013
Full version available soon
- L. Betsworth, S. Robinson, M. Jones
Pico Projection for Performative Place Based Services.
In CHI 2013 workshop on Experiencing Interactivity in Public Spaces (EIPS), Paris, April 2013
Refereed Abstracts & Presentations
- L. Betsworth
Audacious: a virtual audio environment.
Refereed Abstract & Presentation at the British Conference of Undergraduate Research (BCUR), University of Central Lancashire, 19-20 April 2011
- E-mail: csliamb at swansea.ac.uk
- Telephone: +44(0)1792 602693 ext. 2693
- Office: Future Interaction Technology Lab, Room 503, Faraday Tower
- Address: Computer Science Department, Faraday Tower, Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP.