- Component-based specification of programming languages
- Algebraic specification frameworks
- Director of Research and REF outputs coordinator
- Distinguished Lecture Series coordinator
- Website development
- Research Committee member
- Web Working Group member
Dept of Computer Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
|Office:||Room 507, Faraday Tower|
Peter D Mosses
Professor of Computer Science
- SLS 2013: Workshop on Scalable Language Specification, Cambridge, UK, 25–27 June 2013, co-organised with Andrew Kennedy at Microsoft Research
- FoSSaCS 2013 paper: Modular Bisimulation Theory for Computations and Values, with Martin Churchill (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-37075-5_7)
- PLanCompS (Programming Language Components and Specifications) is a 4-year joint research project based at Swansea, RHUL and City, funded by EPSRC, with project partner Microsoft Research Cambridge, 2011–2015.
- I have joined the Editorial Board of the journal Science of Computer Programming.
- A paper on An Agile Approach to Language Modelling and Development, written with Adrian Johnstone and Elizabeth Scott (RHUL), presents our component-based approach, and discusses the relationship between its inherent agility and the practices and principles of Agile Modelling in software development.
- My festschrift Semantics and Algebraic Specification, edited by Jens Palsberg, with contributions by many international colleagues and former students, is published by Springer as LNCS 5700:
The grey box on the right gives a summary of my main research topics, teaching and administrative responsibilities. Further pages list my current affiliations, research interests and publications, future and past meetings, current teaching, favourite software, and miscellaneous links.
Recent and forthcoming meetings in which I'm involved (in chronological order):
- Royal Society: Gordon Plotkin's Milner Award lecture, London, UK, 13 February 2013
- CPHC 2013: Annual Conference, Cardiff, Wales, 25–26 March 2013
- IFIP WG 1.3: Working Group Meeting on Foundations of System Specification, Rome, Italy, 16 March 2013 (member)
- FoSSaCS 2013: 16th International Conference on Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures, Rome, Italy, 18–20 March 2013 (paper: Modular Bisimulation Theory for Computations and Values, with Martin Churchill)
- FSEN 2013: Fundamentals of Software Engineering, Tehran, Iran, 24-26 April 2013 (PC member)
- IFIP WG 2.11: Working Group Meeting on Program Generation, Minneapolis, USA, 3–7 June 2013 (member)
- SLS 2013: Workshop on Scalable Language Specification, Cambridge, UK, 25–27 June 2013 (co-organiser)
- IFIP WG 2.2: Working Group Meeting on Formal Description of Programming Concepts, Lisbon, Portugal, 23–26 September 2013 (member)
- SBLP 2013: XVII Brazilian Symposium on Programming Languages, Brasilia, Brazil, 29 Sep–4 Oct 2013 (PC member)