- Component-based specification of programming languages
- Algebraic specification frameworks
Dept of Computer Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
Peter D Mosses
BA, MSc, DPhil (Oxford)
- I became a Professor Emeritus of Swansea University in January 2016. I will henceforth often be away from Swansea, and unlikely to respond promptly to email.
The focus of my current research is further development of the component-based approach to semantics established by the PLanCompS project (2011–2016), together with tool support and major case studies.
- Modularity'16 Demonstration Track paper: Tool support for component-based semantics, with Thomas van Binsbergen and Neil Sculthorpe
- WoC'15 paper: A modular structural operational semantics for delimited continuations, with Neil Sculthorpe and Paolo Torrini
- Modularity'15 keynote: A component-based approach to semantics (PDF of slides)
- Modularity'14 special issue paper: Reusable Components of Semantic Specifications, with Martin Churchill, Neil Sculthorpe and Paolo Torrini
- PLanCompS (Programming Language Components and Specifications) is a 4-year joint research project based at Swansea, RHUL and City, funded by EPSRC, with project partner Microsoft Research Cambridge, 2011–2015.
- My festschrift: Semantics and Algebraic Specification, edited by Jens Palsberg, with contributions by many international colleagues and former students, is published by Springer as LNCS 5700:
The grey box on the right gives a summary of my main research topics. Further pages list my current affiliations, research interests and publications, future and past meetings, favourite software, and miscellaneous links.
Recent and forthcoming meetings in which I'm involved (in chronological order):
- FSEN 2017: 7th IPM International Conference on Fundamentals of Software Engineering, Tehran, Iran, 26–28 April, 2017 (PC member)
- Strachey100: Centenary conference celbrating the life and work of Christopher Strachey, Oxford, UK, 19 November 2016 (Invited talk: SIS, a semantics implementation system)
- GDP70: Symposium in honour of Gordon Plotkin's 70th birthday, Edinburgh, Scotland, 9 September 2016 (Contributed talk PDF: Modular SOS for control operators)
- Research visit: Programming Languages Group, TU Delft, The Netherlands, September 2016 – August 2017
- Modularity'16: 15th International Conference on Modularity, Málaga, Spain, 14–17 March 2016 (Research Results Track PC member; Demonstration Track paper: Tool support for component-based semantics, with Thomas van Binsbergen and Neil Sculthorpe)