- Component-based specification of programming languages
- Algebraic specification frameworks
Dept of Computer Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
Peter D Mosses
Emeritus Professor of Computer Science
BA, MSc, DPhil (Oxford)
- I became an Emeritus Professor on retirement in January 2016. I will henceforth often be away, and unlikely to respond promptly to email. Regarding research, I intend to continue collaboration on the development of tool support and case studies for the component-based approach to semantics (established by the PLanCompS project, 2011–2016). However, I will no longer have funding to support post-docs, and I cannot supervise further PhD students.
- Modularity'15 keynote: A component-based approach to semantics (PDF of slides)
- Modularity'14 special issue paper: Reusable Components of Semantic Specifications, with Martin Churchill, Neil Sculthorpe and Paolo Torrini
- PEPM 2015 paper: Imperative polymorphism by store-based types as abstract interpretations, with Casper Bach Poulsen and Paolo Torrini
- WRLA'14 paper: FunKons: Component-Based Semantics in K, with Ferdinand Vesely
- ESOP'14 paper: Deriving Pretty-Big-Step Semantics from Small-Step Semantics, with Casper Bach Poulsen
- PLanCompS (Programming Language Components and Specifications) is a 4-year joint research project based at Swansea, RHUL and City, funded by EPSRC, with project partner Microsoft Research Cambridge, 2011–2015.
- My festschrift: Semantics and Algebraic Specification, edited by Jens Palsberg, with contributions by many international colleagues and former students, is published by Springer as LNCS 5700:
The grey box on the right gives a summary of my main research topics. Further pages list my current affiliations, research interests and publications, future and past meetings, current teaching, favourite software, and miscellaneous links.
Recent and forthcoming meetings in which I'm involved (in chronological order):
- Habilitation defence of Benoit Combemale, University of Rennes I, France, 4 December 2015 (jury member)
- Modularity 2016: 15th International Conference on Modularity, Málaga, Spain, 14–17 March 2016 (PC member)
- Research visit: SLDE group, TU Delft, The Netherlands, April–June 2016