- Component-based specification of programming languages
- Algebraic specification frameworks
- Director of Research and REF outputs coordinator
- Distinguished Lecture Series coordinator
- Website development
- Research Committee member
- Web Working Group member
Dept of Computer Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
|Office:||Room 507, Faraday Tower|
Peter D Mosses
Professor of Computer Science
- RA/postdoc vacancy, PLanCompS, closing 2 December 2013
- LOPSTR 2013 paper: Generating Specialized Interpreters for Modular Structural Operational Semantics, with Casper Bach Poulsen
- CONCUR 2013 paper: Modular Semantics for Transition System Specifications with Negative Premises, with Martin Churchill and Mohammad Reza Mousavi
- SLS 2013: Workshop on Scalable Language Specification, Cambridge, UK, 25–27 June 2013
- FoSSaCS 2013 paper: Modular Bisimulation Theory for Computations and Values, with Martin Churchill
- PLanCompS (Programming Language Components and Specifications) is a 4-year joint research project based at Swansea, RHUL and City, funded by EPSRC, with project partner Microsoft Research Cambridge, 2011–2015.
- I have joined the Editorial Board of the journal Science of Computer Programming.
- A paper on An Agile Approach to Language Modelling and Development, written with Adrian Johnstone and Elizabeth Scott (RHUL), presents our component-based approach, and discusses the relationship between its inherent agility and the practices and principles of Agile Modelling in software development.
- My festschrift Semantics and Algebraic Specification, edited by Jens Palsberg, with contributions by many international colleagues and former students, is published by Springer as LNCS 5700:
The grey box on the right gives a summary of my main research topics, teaching and administrative responsibilities. Further pages list my current affiliations, research interests and publications, future and past meetings, current teaching, favourite software, and miscellaneous links.
Recent and forthcoming meetings in which I'm involved (in chronological order):
- SLS 2013: Workshop on Scalable Language Specification, Cambridge, UK, 25–27 June 2013 (co-organiser, PLanCompS presentation, coauthor)
- CONCUR 2013: 24th International Conference on Concurrency Theory, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 27–30 August 2013 (paper: Modular Semantics for Transition System Specifications with Negative Premises, with Martin Churchill and Mohammad Reza Mousavi)
- PPDP 2013: 15th International Symposium on Principles and Practice of Declarative Programming, Madrid, Spain, 16–18 September 2013
- LOPSTR 2013: 23rd International Symposium on Logic-Based Program Synthesis and Transformation, Madrid, Spain, 16–18 September 2013 (paper: Generating Specialized Interpreters for Modular Structural Operational Semantics, with Casper Bach Poulsen)
- IFIP WG 2.2: Working Group Meeting on Formal Description of Programming Concepts, Lisbon, Portugal, 23–26 September 2013 (member)
- SBLP 2013: XVII Brazilian Symposium on Programming Languages, Brasilia, Brazil, 29 Sep–4 Oct 2013 (PC member)
- PLanCompS: Project Meeting, Royal Holloway, UK, 16–17 December 2013
- PSI'14: Ershov Informatics Conference, St. Petersburg, Russia, 24–27 June 2014 (PC member)