- Component-based specification of programming languages
- Algebraic specification frameworks
Dept of Computer Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
Peter D Mosses
BA, MSc, DPhil (Oxford)
- I became a Professor Emeritus of Swansea University in January 2016. I will henceforth often be away from Swansea, and unlikely to respond promptly to email. I am currently visiting the Programming Languages Group, TU Delft, The Netherlands, until August 2017.
The focus of my current research is further development of the component-based approach to semantics established by the PLanCompS project (2011–2016), together with tool support and major case studies.
- JLAMP paper: Flag-Based Big-Step Semantics, with Casper Bach Poulsen
- SIS – Semantics Implementation System (1979): Reference Manual (PDF), Tested Examples (PDF)
[copied from the Semantics Library of Cliff B Jones]
- Modularity'16 Demonstration Track paper: Tool support for component-based semantics, with Thomas van Binsbergen and Neil Sculthorpe
- WoC'15 paper: A modular structural operational semantics for delimited continuations, with Neil Sculthorpe and Paolo Torrini
- Modularity'15 keynote: A component-based approach to semantics (PDF of slides)
- Modularity'14 special issue paper: Reusable Components of Semantic Specifications, with Martin Churchill, Neil Sculthorpe and Paolo Torrini
- PLanCompS (Programming Language Components and Specifications) was a joint research project based at Swansea, RHUL and City, funded by EPSRC, with project partner Microsoft Research Cambridge, 2011–2016.
- My festschrift: Semantics and Algebraic Specification, edited by Jens Palsberg, with contributions by many international colleagues and former students, is published by Springer as LNCS 5700:
The grey box on the right gives a summary of my main research topics. Further pages list my current affiliations, research interests and publications, future and past meetings, favourite software, and miscellaneous links.
Recent/forthcoming meetings in which I'm involved (in chronological order):
- SPLASH 2016: ACM SIGPLAN conference on Systems, Programming, Languages and Applications: Software for Humanity, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 30 October – 4 November 2016 (attending GPCE, SLE)
- Strachey100: Centenary conference celbrating the life and work of Christopher Strachey, Oxford, UK, 19 November 2016 (Invited talk: SIS, a semantics implementation system)
- Sannellabration: Workshop in Celebration of Don Sannella's 60th Birthday, Uppsala, Sweden, 23 April 2017 (Invited talk: CoFI with Don)
- FSEN 2017: 7th IPM International Conference on Fundamentals of Software Engineering, Tehran, Iran, 26–28 April 2017 (PC member)
- PSI'17: 11th A.P. Ershov Informatics Conference, Moscow, Russia, 26–29 June 2017 (PC member)