Rich Snow, BSc (1st Hons)
PhD Researcher, FIT Lab
- Picoprojection with mobiles
- Augmented reality
- Multiuser interaction
- R. Snow, M. Jones, P. Eslambolichar,
Projecting Wonderment: Magic through AR
- R. Snow,
Concurrency: Modelling, Verification and Implementation.
(First-class BSc dissertation)
In the four years I have spent at Swansea University, I have kept myself active and involved with the relationships between students and staff, an active interest in assisting my fellow students in the first year maturing into a position as year representative for the latter two years of my undergraduate degree.
It has also been my pleasure to act as a student ambassador to those considering Computer Science at Swansea for the latter two years of my undergraduate degree, together with my colleague Dan Craggs whom I also worked with to organise the Gregynog colloquim in our final year, and gave a talk at the first year open day to prepare them for their coming degree.
Recently, I have taken part in a visit to the department by secondary schoolchildren to encourage them to consider a degree in science, wrote a review of Schneider and Gersting's latest edition of Invitation to Computer Science for the Times Higher Education supplement and maintain a presence in the FIT lab's reading group, having recently given the below presentations.
- 1st December: Presentation on A spotlight on security and privacy risks with future household robots: attacks and lessons
Denning, T., Matuszek, C., Koscher, K., Smith, J. R., and Kohno, T. 2009. In Proceedings of the 11th international Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (Orlando, Florida, USA, September 30 - October 03, 2009). Ubicomp '09. ACM, New York, NY, 105-114.
- 30th March: Presentation on Run to the Hills! Ubiquitous Computing Meltdown
Huuskonen, P. 2007. In Proceeding of the 2007 Conference on Advances in Ambient intelligence J. C. Augusto and D. Shapiro, Eds. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, vol. 164. IOS Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 157-172.
Interests, odds and ends
- E-mail: csrs(at)swansea(dot)ac(dot)uk
- Telephone: Internal extension: 4026
- Address: Future Interaction Technology Lab, Computer Science Department, Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP.